Mucho Meteor | Lays Pepsi:
Gather your friends and fave snacks because the biggest natural fireworks display is coming! This summer we are in for a treat as we get our chance to see the biggest meteor showers of the year. This is what you will need for the ultimate star gazing get together:
Pick your Meteor Shower:
Lyrids | April 16–30
Peaks on the nights of April 21–22
You’ll see an average of 10 meteors per hour.
The best time to see them is midnight & dawn.
Eta Aquarids | April 19 to May 28
Peaks on the nights of May 4-5
You’ll see an average 10–20 meteor per hour.
The best time to see them is the pre-dawn hours of May 5.
Delta Aquarid | July 12 to August 23
Peaks on the nights of July 28-29
You’ll see an average 10 meteors per hour.
The best time to see them is the pre-dawn hours.
Perseid | July 17 to Aug 26
Peaks on the nights of August 11-12
You’ll see an average of up to 50-60 meteors per hour.
The best times to see them is the pre-dawn hours or before the moon rises.
- - Bright moonlight will make it harder to see them so check a Full Moon Chart.
- - The weather needs to play nice so that the skies are clear.
- - For better viewing, come out 20 minutes prior so your eyes can fully adjust to the darkness.
- - Your bare eyes are the best way to see them, and tip: binoculars don’t work well for meteor showers.
- - Bring a blanket so you can lay facing up or you can head to the homepage to enter for a chance to win one here with us.
- - Open a cold Pepsi and why not enter for a chance to win a fun cooler for them?
- - Open your Lay’s and enjoy.
- - And if all else fails open a fresh bag of Lay’s, pop a cold Pepsi and go to NASA’s free LIVESTREAM to enjoy!
Have a code?